Sunday, December 11, 2011

The names been changed to harm the innocent

Well, its confirmed anecdotally. I had a MSG reaction when I thought I was eating something safe. It had "natural flavoring" on the ingredient list. What was interesting was the symptom. Severe lethargy. I could not get up, get going or be motivated to do much. I dragged myself around all day.

Within 24 hours I had more confirmation. Without gross details, let's just say, I could see physical changes on disease related skin wounds and the stoma!!

So I didn't get much done physically, but as a "lab rat", I now have a distinct explanation to the question, why am I so tired and have no energy. Doctors never had an answer to this question and chronic fatigue, etc. would be put on the charts. How many people out there are suffering from this and don't know why!!

Well no more! The next day (yesterday) through extreme watchfulness, I had a " feel good day". Started a regular morning and didn't stop till bedtime. That is unheard of for me. I can't remember the last time I was able to do that without getting sicker and sleeping away the day.

I had " lunch" with some friends, which I would have normally declined after a full and active morning. But I happily said yes and then stopped by the house to get my prepared MSG- free, convenient, granola bars that I had made earlier in the week and took it with me. I was able to totally withstand any of the "fast food" temptation and even was excited (instead of the normal embarrassment reaction) to tell people my discovery.

My friends gave me helpful support and even some good discoveries including how to find two small farmer/ butchers where I might get MSG free meats and produce. I am still not quite ready to go vegetarian. So it was a wonderful change, a new quality of life I haven't experienced in years, maybe decades.

So, only anecdotal information, but what an important discovery.
Don't eat anything that says " natural flavorings" on the packaging, front or back!

What's the plan for tomorrow? Another MSG free day and looking for another recipe that gives me convenience and freedom to live my life fully like the one I experienced yesterday.

Have a blessed healthy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment