Saturday, September 1, 2012

In a better place?  Well it's been over a year since I last posted.  After a lot of changes, I am, now in a better place (in so many ways).  I have changed my diet to all natural foods and do not eat processed foods.
As I research information about the food industry, I become more disillusioned that there is very little intent for healthy food  production from the major brands.  For the most part it's all about making profit by putting cheaper yet harmful additives in the food.  Many of them are even addictive.

In my last post I said knowledge is power.  I know everything we read says that food does not cause IBD or in my case Crohn's.  But I am in disagreement.  Well, maybe I would use a different phrase.  There are foods my digestive track and immune system does not like and can put me back into a "flare-up"  So maybe foods don't cause Crohn's directly  (I am still researching!) but they sure do exacerbate it!!

So we are now enjoying wholesome farm fresh eggs, home made baked goods and the basic meats and vegetable dishes like my grandmother use to make on the farm.   Did you know farm fresh eggs  taste better?  I am in a healthy state (as much as I can be) and I am pursuing my art again.  Health and wellness are so important.  I wish you well.

No comments:

Post a Comment